The forecast was for fog and mist overnight, with clearing skies early in the AM. Apparently, the onshore wind didn't get the memo as it continued to bring moisture inland all morning long. Yeah, it was damp, but it wasn't a wash out. And apparently it didn't dampen the spirits of the nearly 1,000 enthusiasts who turned out for the event. Here are a few highlights:
- In honor of BMW's 100th anniversary, the Motorsport Division's 40th and the M3's 30th, we decided to create an ///M-pressive TiMeline - one of almost every M chassis ever produced by BMW, presented in chronological order. Erik Wensberg, former M Brand Manager for BMW North America, gave a highly entertaining and informative talk about the cars and their history. (TiMeline Trivia: The combined stock horsepower of the 30 cars we had exceeds 14,000!)
- Two BMW classics came out to be on display as well - a rare 1967 1600 Glas GT and an exquisite 1937 328.
- There were another 250-300 BMWs on the premises, and several dozen more parked on the street and in nearby parking lots. (Was that an orange McLaren on Constitution Ave.? Rumor has it.)
- More than a dozen vendors had tables inside the big tent:
- CRP Industries
- MANN FILTER
- Nokian Tyres
- Euro Audio
- Bentley Publishers
- Author Rob Siegel (a.k.a. the Hack Mechanic) gave a Powerpoint presentation on European automotive electrical systems.
Here's a complete list of prizes and their winners:
- Renowned automotive photographer and journalist Klaus Schnitzer was on hand to cover the event for Bimmer magazine.
- We gave away hundreds of free cups of coffee and donuts, cooked and served hundreds of free hamburgers, hot dogs and bratwurst (sponsored in part by McKinnons Markets), and poured hundreds of free cups of beer (donated in part by Smuttynose Brewing Company).
- Thousands of dollars worth of merchandise was given away in our free raffle. And even more thousands of dollars of great gear was won by folks who bought tickets in our charity raffle supporting Susan G. Komen for the Cure®. 100% of ticket sales (both online and at the event) went straight to the fund. We raised some additional cash for the charity by selling commemorative t-shirts and pub glasses. More than $15,000 in all.
- The Grand Prize in the charity raffle was the choice of a week-long trip for two to Munich, Germany (including airfare, rental car, hotel, BMW tours and spending money), or $3,500 in cash. Sponsors of the Grand Prize were:
- Cool Carbon
- Liqui Moly
- MANN FILTER
- K1   KW Variant 1 coil-over kit - Jean Couture
- K2   $500 BAVauto Saving Certificate from BMW of Stratham - Unknown
-     (Certificate was handed to winner but ticket stub is missing. We will get his name
-     when it is redeemed.)
- K3   BAVauto stress bar - Ligia Correa
- K4   BAVauto stress bar - Donald Ogilvie
- K5   Cool Carbon brake pads, front set - Patrick Shea
- K6   Set of 4 Nokian winter tires - Doug Horsfall
- K7   Set of Koni STR.T shocks - Ken Charest
- K8   BAVauto pre-painted trunk lip spoiler - Joseph Hickson
- K9   $100 BAVauto certificate from Hella - Andrew Ceichanowski
- K10   Love The Drive convertible windscreen - Doug Horsfall
- K11   Burger JB+ Juice Box - Mike Foster
- K12   Meyle rotors and Jurid pads, full car - Alex Riddle
- K13   Three sets of Powerflex bushings - Sally Rappeport
- K14   Sprint Booster - Andrew Ceichanowski
- K15   BAVauto pre-painted roof spoiler - James Sullivan
- K16   Cool Carbon brake pads, front set - Dennis Beaugh
- K17   Pitstop Grand Prix office chair - Manon Chapdelaine
- K18   BAVauto high-performance ignition wire set - Michael Morales
- K19   BAVauto pre-painted trunk lip spoiler - Juan J Garcia Rod
- K20   Alumapro 10" subwoofer - Scott Stowell
- K21   CRP overhaul belt kit &?shop stool - Jean Couture
- K22   BAVauto stress bar - Timothy West
- K23   BAVauto stress bar - Alfred Driscoll
- K24   Bavarian Autosport pre-painted roof spoiler - Mazen Fares
- K25   BAVauto stress bar - Duane Banet
- K26   BAVauto stress bar - Alejandro Platon
- K27   Colgan front-end mask - Rob Hirner
- K28   Cool Carbon brake pad, front set - Anthony Esmilla
- K29   D-Force wheel spacers & lug conversion kit - Rose Wint
- K30   Burger N52 Powerbox - Rob Hirner
- K31   $100 BAVauto certificate from Hella - Michael Troeger
- K32   Ogio rolling bag from Brembo - Conlan Moc
- K33   $400 Remus gift certificate - Marjorie Buchanan
- K34   Bentley repair manual and "Hack Mechanic" book on Electrical Systems - Noel Li
- K35   BAVauto pre-painted trunk lip spoiler - Rhys Stucker
- K36   BAVauto stress bar - Matthew Harris
- K37   BAVauto stress bar - Rose Wint
- K38   Set of 4 Lloyd Mats Ultimats - Brandy Kenny
- K39   Set of 4 Bilstein B6 shocks - N Mark Kramoltz
- K40   $200 towards a SPEC single disc clutch kit - Max Likterman
- K41   Set of 4 Beyern Aviatic 17" wheels - Monica P.
- K42   Grand Prize - Donald Winter
Thanks to everyone who purchased tickets!
As our old Little League coach used to say, "Ya done good, kid."
And oh, yeah, we did take a few pictures...